The students may arrive one day earlier to the commencement of the course and latest on the day of commencement of the course. And leave latest one day after the completion of the course. Students arriving prior and departing after the stipulated days would have to pay for those number of days for accommodation and food or make their own arrangements.
BY AIR – Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh which is approximately 35 kilometres away. Popular carriers like Air India, Spice Jet and Jet Airways often have daily flights from New Delhi. Apart from Delhi, there is a flight from Lucknow to Dehradun as well. Once you reach at the airport, you can opt for regular taxi or bus service which is easily available from Dehradun to Rishikesh. The second nearest international airport for Rishikesh is in New Delhi which is well-connected with different cities across the globe.
BY BUS – Being a popular tourist destination, Rishikesh has a good network of buses connecting it with important places such as Haridwar, Dehradun and New Delhi. Buses depart in the morning and late evening from the Kashmere Gate ISBT, New Delhi for Rishikesh every day. You can choose from a regular, deluxe or a luxurious coach.
BY TRAIN – The nearest railhead to Rishikesh is in Haridwar which is approximately 25 kilometres away. Haridwar, in turn, is linked to major Indian cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow and Varanasi. Some of the popular trains are Shatabadi Express, Jan Shatabdi, AC Special Express and Mussoorie Express. For those making the journey to Rishikesh, it is advisable to take the train till Haridwar and then either take a bus or hire a taxi to Rishikesh. While the bus would take about 45 minutes, the taxi will take you to Rishikesh in about half an hour.
SELF DRIVE/TAXI – Driving up to Rishikesh is worth considering, as it is connected to other cities via the National Highway 58, which is in a good condition for most of the year. The short stretch of hilly terrain may be a little rutted, but tourists prefer to take a taxi or drive up to Rishikesh. The drive from Delhi to Rishikesh would take approximately 6 to 7 hours.
Please feel free to contact us to know the right fare for the type of convenance you are booking.
Students need to make an advance payment while registering for a course. This can be done via our Registration page. An induction session would be held on the day of the commencement of the course after breakfast. All students are expected to make the balance payment of the course fee immediately after the induction session. Please note the no request for deferred payment would be entertained.
Full fee once paid will not be refunded or adjusted towards future courses.
Single accommodation with attached bath would be provided to students. Please keep your room secure under lock and key. The Institute would not be held responsible for loss of any of your valuables. We recommend that you bring your personal locks.
– The school management have all rights to decide and change, anytime (before or in-between the course begins), the venue and accommodation for the course as well as daily schedule and food items according to the best availability and climatic condition of the place.
– Students are expected to conducted themselves according to the rules of the school, namely, keeping up with school’s meal timings, abstaining from use of alcohol or any form of drugs, not damaging any equipment in the room or in the school, etc.
– During the class the students are expected to pay attention to the acharyas and not disturb the class.
– All students are expected to co-operate in the smooth conduct and completion of the course. Anybody found disturbing other students in or out of the class, spoiling the general atmosphere of the course and found not adhering to the rules and regulations will be terminated from the course without refund the course fee or a part thereof.
– On completion of the course a certificate from Yoga Alliance, USA would be issued to the students.
It is compulsory for the students to attend all the classes. Exceptions would be in case of illness, etc. for which the students have to take prior permission for the acharyas to absent themselves from the class.
A minimum of 80% attendance is required to be eligible to receive the certificate.
1) If Yoga Vedanta Trust(Rishikesh Yoga Academy) must cancel or change a scheduled retreat or teacher training date for any reason – what has not happened so far -, we will notify you as soon as possible and you may transfer all payments to another retreat, or you may request a refund of your payments to us, constituting a full settlement including your advance payment of 300 US$.
2) Yoga-Vedanta(Rishikesh Yoga Academy) Trust is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparing for any cancelled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, visas fees and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip. We strongly recommend purchasing travel cancellation insurance.
3) If you have to cancel your reservation with our Retreats or Teacher Training, please inform us as soon as possible.
4) If you cancel your reservation altogether up to 30 days prior to start date of your retreat or Teacher Training, you will forfeit your advance payment of 300 US$.
5) A remaining balance may be used as credit for another event within one year of the start of your cancellation. Should you require more time to prepare/plan for your attendance of a later course or teacher training, please let us know and we will consider exceptions to this rule. For last minute cancellations (less than 30 days prior to start date of your retreat) any fees paid will be non-refundable as it may not be possible for us to fill the place which was kept and secured for you.
6) Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason, including personal injuries or emergencies. If you arrive late or need to leave your retreat early, you will not receive any refund on the remaining time of your scheduled stay.
7) There is NO cancellation nor refund for any reason including but not limited to natural disasters, acts of terrorism, illness, health conditions, medical or personal or family or work emergencies, change of mind.If you cannot reach the retreat due to unforeseen circumstances such as strikes, weather circumstances, and missed, delayed or cancelled flights, retreat fees are non-refundable. Still we offer in such a case to utilize your balance payments for another course or teacher training within 1 year.